Wednesday, 25 May 2016

My Visit to Warner Bros Harry Potter Studios

Hi Guys!

Forgive me for my absence recently, I've been unwell so it has been difficult to keep up with everything but hopefully, I can use my recovery time to get back into the swing of blogging!!

I mentioned in one of my first posts that I'm a freak for anything Harry Potter related and that it was one of my adventure goals this year to visit the studios in London... well guess what?!!

IT FINALLY HAPPENED!!

My lovely Mum & Dad surprised me on my birthday with tickets for both myself and my partner, but wait for it ... these were not any normal tickets to the Warner Bros Studio Tour, they actually included a PA from Warwick Davis AKA Professor Flitwick!

I was beyond excited and I have no doubt that in the weeks leading up to the event, many of my friends and work colleagues were so close to punching me if I mentioned Harry Potter one more time!

Luckily I didn't have to wait too long and I finally visited the studios on 24/03/16, the day that quite a few of my dreams came true <3

The place is magical, from the moment the doors to the great hall opened - I was in awe, the costumes, the house badges, the tables, there was so much detail to take in and I just couldn't stop taking photos of everything I saw.


From the great hall, we moved into the sets, my favourite, by far, was actually being able to walk on the Hogwarts Express and also Dumbledore's office, where there were so many weird and wonderful things to look at and even just to stand and imagine Dumbledore pacing around his office was enchanting.




Moving on, I ticked another item off my bucket list by flying a broomstick in one of the green rooms as well seeing myself driving as the amazing Mr Weasley's car; watching the video of myself gliding over the Thames and driving in front of the Hogwarts Express was just surreal.


I don't want to go into too much detail about the rest of the tour, other than to tell you it was amazing, so amazing in fact, I wanted to go straight back in! To go into more detail, would be to ruin it for the rest of you, what I will say however, is... brace yourself for the beauty of seeing Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry towards the end of the tour .... it is simply breath taking.

Oh, and be careful in the gift shop, I could have easily bought the whole store - I came home with the Elder Wand, two chocolate frogs, postcards, a deathly hallows key ring (to match my tattoo) - next time I visit; I'm hoping to buy Bellatrix's wand!

On my last note ... here is a photo of me with Warwick Davis - Don't be jel! (well, you should be a little bit :p)






Have you ever visited the Harry Potter Studios in London? Or even in Orlando? How did you find it? Would you go again? I'd love to hear how you found the experience and whether you liked the Butter Beer??!! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment